Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sol a Needle Pulling Thread

Can you believe Nhung doesn't know the "Do a Deer" song from Mary Poppins? She saw my sewing board on Pinterest with that title and asked me what is that? So sad!

Last night I started on a yellow waistband bow skirt and finished it today! I have been wanting a yellow skirt for the longest time. Here is the finished product:
Front
Back





















Sorry for the messy room and not so clear pictures! Wish I had more fabric so I could have made it poofier and gathered it more. I probably should have used a softer and more flowy fabric as well.

Tutorial here

Tips: 
-Buy invisible zipper! These things are amazing and look like this 













-To get a bigger skirt add 1/4-1/2 yard to your measurements. 
-Bring measurements to store then buy fabric. Sounds like a no brainer, but I did the opposite. Only because I tend to buy fabric before I have any idea of what I want to make. I'll browse and buy fabric hoping I get just enough which; 1yd tends to be safe. 

I went thrifting today and to Hancock's as well! So many projects lined up from refashioning to creating! Excited to get started and share with you guys. Hope everyone has a good week!

Nhu

No comments:

Post a Comment